Saturday, August 7, 2010

I will be starting the Axia classes at University of Phoenix beginning August 16. I will be taking two courses at once for 9 weeks at a time. There will be no learning teams, so this should be a lot easier.

I am considering changing schools after I get my Associate's. I really don't like the Learning Teams, and if I was to go on to my Bachelor's through U of P I would have to deal with that. I will probably start checking into other schools in 2012 just before I complete my Associate's.

Next month I will have six months clean. I am looking forward to it, even though they say that all we have is today and tomorrow is not promised. I know that I will make it. The only thing that will stop me is death. I am determined to stay clean this time and I am working the steps. I also love my new life and my conscious contact with my personal Higher Power. I'm not going to throw it all away for a drink or a drug.

I still haven't heard from my Business Management course. I may start the next chapter without hearing from them if I get the time and the inclination. I know I can't keep putting it off until the once a month that I go to all day program.

I finished the crocheted blanket for the little girl of a friend and gave it to him last night. He was very appreciative. I have another one I'm going to work on now for an adult friend as a gift for his new apartment. It's fun to have a purpose for the blankets before I start on them. I also spent all day Thursday embroidering another pillow case. It's alot cooler when I work on embroidery as I can see for sure the progress I am making. It's shaping up really nice.
I have a quilt to embroider that I might work on for my sponsor for Christmas.

I have been cutting out pictures of stuff that Bradford Exchange has been sending me in advertisements and catalogs. Why order the stuff that looks so cool when I can just cut out the pictures and use it for wall paper for my office? It's turning out really neat. I have Thomas Kincade stuff by my calendar and several artists' native american art on another wall. The small stuff I'm cutting out of the catalogs is going on a wall surrounding my unicorn mirror. It all looks really nice.

Going to the NA Area Meeting on Sunday. I want to get involved in taking NA meetings into hospitals and institutions. They said last night that, because it is a new area, they may not have that going yet. Well, I'll just keep going to area meetings and bug them about it until they do.

I think that's enough for today. Otherwise I won't have nothing to say the next time my email starts bugging me to update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment