Monday, March 8, 2010

All about me

My real name is Kim but I go by Kristi. That's a long story that I don't want to get into right now.

I was born and raised in and around the suburbs of Detroit, MI. I have also lived all over Michigan including the Upper Peninsula and traveled with a carnival around Wisconsin. I spent three years living in small towns around New Jersey just across the bridge from Philadelphia. I currently live in Cassville, MO, with my boyfriend Bob. I moved here from NJ in May 2009.

I have wanted to be a counselor for as long as I can remember, so I decided to pursue that dream and take Psychology here at U of P. I have been involved in the Mental Health system for over 20 years and believe I could help people from the other side of the desk. I would like to specialize in Personality Disorders, specifically Dissassociative Identity Disorder, more commonly known as Multiple Personality Disorder.

I am very excited and scared all at once. I have great support in Bob, but I don't know too many other people here. I plan on leaning heavily on the facilitators of U of P. I'm going to need a lot of help as I've been out of school for almost 25 years. I was going to try to test out of some classes, but I really think I would benefit better by taking all the courses. Four years sounds like a long time. Anything could happen between now and then. I'm hoping nothing life shattering will happen that will make me have to leave school.

I look forward to meeting everyone. I have plenty of time and internet access at home, so I think I would be a valuable asset to any Learning Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment